Location Location Location Location Location Location Location Location

Dimension Mill was originally built in 1915 as part of the Showers Brothers Furniture Factory. Founded in 1868 by Charles C. Showers, the company was a driving influence on Bloomington history until 1955 when it was sold to Storkline. At its peak in the 1920s, it produced 700,000 pieces of furniture a year with some being purchased by the White House. In recent years, it was used as a storage facility by Indiana University, and in 2011, the City of Bloomington purchased it, along with several other parcels of land. These 12 acres are now for the Trades District, a certified technology park of which Dimension Mill is the center of gravity of technology and innovation for the city and the region.

 

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

%d bloggers like this: