Why Host Your Wedding at The Mill?
We know that your wedding day is one of the most important days in your life, and we’d love to do our part to make it unforgettable. The Mill is a venue that offers some incredible benefits to hosting your wedding that you can’t find anywhere else in downtown Bloomington.
Located in the heart of downtown Bloomington, in a building a little over a century old, The Mill is a versatile location for any style of wedding. Our space can accommodate a variety of setups and configurations, all while maintaining an intimate atmosphere that will make your wedding day all the more special:
- We’re located in the heart of downtown Bloomington, in a building that is only a little over a century old, right in the heart of what turned Bloomington from a small town into the city we know and love today.
- The Mill is a building where the old meets the new, preserving its original architecture features, our sawtooth windows provide beautiful natural sunlight that doesn’t glare, and at night, our space can be lit by colorful, customizable lighting from Platformatics.
- 3,000 sq/ft event space that can accommodate a variety of settings and party sizes. Our lower event space alone can accommodate a large reception of up to 300 guests standing, and can seat 100 guests on polished concrete. The space is lit by our sawtooth roof, part of the original design of the building that allows natural light to pour through, and a chandelier-like lighting system that can be adjusted to a diverse variety of tones and colors.
- We also have a PA system available upon request for use with the event space.
- Our kitchenette has natural limestone countertops and rustic wood flooring recovered from the original building and repurposed into a beautiful hardwood flooring
- The staircase connecting the event space is also crafted with wood recovered from the original building.
- Wood paneling, recovered from a barn in Ohio, adorns the kitchenette’s walls, evoking earthy, but neutral tones
- Professional-grade projector and screen available for use upon request.
- Our event space has a private catering space with a commercial-grade stainless steel refrigerator, a rolling stainless steel table, and stainless steel countertops
- Onsite parking and ADA accommodations for all aspects of the building
- Mother’s Room (Located Upstairs) to ensure the privacy of nursing mothers
Our space is one-of-a-kind, and you can’t find any other space in the city. Don’t wait; book your wedding event here.